PortaBI is a user-friendly business intelligence tool, analyzing live data and reporting it all in a meaningful way
The data is presented visually so trends and changes can be easily spotted and interpreted. With all the report generation and analysis done for you, you’re free to focus on profitability and finding opportunities to make your business grow.
PortaBI provides decision support
PortaBI can help you find answers to any of the following questions to support decision-making, such as:
- How effective are recent sales & marketing campaigns in terms of bringing new customers?
- What is the customer lifetime value? Churn? Which customer groups need attention?
- How profitable are specific products and customer segments? Which ones are worth replicating?
- Are there any profit leakages to be fixed?
Go from the “bigger picture” to locating the problem (e.g. service abuse, churn) or opportunity (such as the most profitable products) in just a few clicks.
- Easy to use: Immediately access required information via predefined dashboards, apply filters & drill down to specific areas
- Custom reports: Create your own reports using the visual UI tool. No programming experience required!
- Accessible and viable: Available for any customer with PortaBilling MR55 or later: no update necessary
- Quick results: Aggregated data in the cloud warehouse and pre-cached report results allow you to see reports in seconds
- Long-term history & trends: The cloud data warehouse stores your data as long as you wish, enabling you to view trends and make business projections
The PortaBI agent
This is responsible for data extraction and aggregation. It runs as a container within the Docker environment, so it is fully isolated from your PortaBilling except for a read-only connection to the replica database – hence installing it has no impact on your operations. That is, data can be extracted from PortaBilling on any version after MR55 – so even if you are not running the latest version of PortaBilling, you can start using PortaBI NOW.
Aggregated data sent to the cloud warehouse includes no sensitive or private customer data (except customer ID, which also can be pseudonymized), so you are fully compliant with GDPR and other data protection laws. To further protect data privacy, each PortaBI customer gets a fully dedicated and isolated database instance. While historical data in the PortaBilling database are normally purged to optimize real-time performance, the events in your PortaBI cloud storage can remain in your PortaBI cloud storage for many years to allow for a retrospective view, providing accurate trend info and reasonable business projections.
PortaBI leverages the comprehensive reporting and analytics capabilities of Tableau – an industry leader in business intelligence software solutions. The report cache is updated periodically based on warehouse data, so you can get an immediate response from dashboards and graphs. All required licenses are included in a PortaBI subscription.
PortaBI administrators can use Tableau’s visual report builder to create their own reports in just a few mouse clicks – no programming experience required.
Here's a series of tutorials on how to create custom reports in PortaBI.
How to sign up
Contact us to schedule an online demonstration and get started on your 14-day free trial.
- Gradual software updates in telecom: Presenting Dual Version solution
- Integration with Microsoft Teams: a flexible and cost-saving solution
- Professional service for Tier-1 CSP: Telekom Malaysia case study
- PortaBilling for MVNO: TravelSIM Australia case study
- PortaSwitch On Multiple Sites
- PortaSwitch to enable MVNO business: HelloSIM Case Study