4G/LTE & 5G Billing System for CSPs and ISPs
What is 4G/LTE & 5G Billing?
One of the core infrastructure elements necessary for becoming a successful 4G/LTE or 5G provider is a comprehensive billing and online charging system (OCS) for flexible quota management and real-time billing of multiple services:
- Data over LTE – content-based billing, data bundle control
- Voice over LTE (VoLTE) – voice calls and SMSs
- Over the Top (OTT) services – VoIP, messaging, VAS, e.g. cloud softphone
- Mobile wallets, transfer of funds / quotas between subscribers, etc.
Director of European operations at Adax
“We are always looking to enhance our LTE EPC capabilities through joining forces with ecosystem partners such as PortaOne which can allow us to offer operators a complete network solution.
Its technology allows operators to rapidly deliver quadruple play solutions via legacy infrastructure. Instantly unlocking additional revenue streams and being able to compete in a rapidly evolving competitive market place.”
What problems do CSPs & ISPs face?
Discover a better way
We have heard these cries before, which is why we offer our customers PortaBilling – a convergent LTE / 5G billing platform – combining B/OSS and OCS so that you can:
What's in it for you?
See why CSPs and ISPs offering 4G/LTE and 5G are choosing PortaBilling to be their all-in-one provisioning and billing platform
Why choose PortaOne?
See why ISPs, CSPs and even some major LTE network builders choose our PortaOne 4G/LTE & 5G billing solution
How does it work?
There are 5 key technologies working hard to give you a comprehensive and reliable LTE billing solution:
- BSS: acts as a central repository of customer data, manages and activates SIM cards, handles product catalog, consolidates customer balance and quota management, applies recurrent charging of subscriptions, issues invoices, and more.
- LTE service provisioning: every change in BSS (e.g. new customer activation) is instantaneously provisioned as a new set of service configuration parameters to HSS, other network elements such as PCRF and back-office systems such as ERP or CRM.
- LTE OCS (online charging system): allows real-time charging of transferred data, voice calls, SMS, etc. Offers flexibility with various options for quota management, combination of different quotas and roll-overs, an unlimited number of service wallets, and enables location, content-based charging, and LTE data bundle control.
- EPC (Evolved Packet Core): is where the actual packet switching and session management occurs. Includes HSS (Home Subscriber Server), MME (Mobile Management Entity), SAE-GW and PCRF.*
- eNodeB: handles the actual radio part of the communication. Customers have full freedom of choice between eNodeB platforms/vendors, without any effect on BSS and charging.
* For EPCs, PortaOne works with technology partners Alcatel-Lucent, Altran (former Aricent), Huawei, ZTE, Yate (SS7ware), Protei, and Adax.
Don’t see your EPC listed here? No problem. We can interoperate and integrate in 3 weeks. For more information regarding integration with one of our partners, see this document.
4 steps to smoothly launch a wireless LTE / 5G network
Import and activate SIM cards. Create and define products. Bundle services and/or allow for “à la carte” products.
Provision customers in PortaBilling. Real-time authorization reserves funds and locks quota volume enabling multiple concurrent sessions/services.
Self-care portal allows customers to check their statistics, order additional products and top-up prepaid service wallets
What makes our PortaOne solutions special?
The world is moving fast and future trends demand up-to-date technologies
Talk with us
Let us show you how moving to PortaOne can help you achieve your goals