Offer new-generation real-time communication (RTC) using a mobile app for smartphone/tablet or WebRTC
PortaSwitch is a unified service delivery platform, which includes the following components:
Session border controller (SBC)
It provides a high-availability control point for all network communications. It hides the internal network topology; protects from denial-of-service (DoS) attacks; limits call initiation ratio per endpoint; automatically distributes traffic between available softswitch nodes; enables multiple transport protocols (e.g. SIP over TLS).
Highly scalable class 4 and 5 SIP Softswitch delivers call control and media processing functions. It supports real-time call authorization and charging, dynamic call routing, advanced call control, full IP Centrex feature set, voice and video calls, fax-over-IP, presence / BLF, instant messaging and SMS. Media processing includes voicemail, auto attendant, call queues, call recording, IVR applications, voice and video conferencing.
IP phone auto-provisioning
Zero-effort instantaneous configuration of more than 50 different IP phones from various vendors. Flexible provisioning framework allows to easily add new phone models.
(optional, third-party) allows to deliver feature-rich communications directly to your customer’s web browser.
is used to configure the service parameters, set up recurring and usage-based charging, activate customers, perform monitoring & troubleshooting and issue invoices. There is a real-time data link between B/OSS and softswitch, so any changes are instantly effective and no additional configuration is required.
This allows to implement variety of revenue generation methods, such as “all inclusive” or “a-la carte” selling of features (e.g. call recording); selling bundles of minutes for monthly subscriptions; charging based on metered parameters (number of extensions or concurrent calls).
It allows the customer to perform most of the IP Centrex configuration (adding extensions, configuring hunt-groups or auto attendant, etc.), access CDRs and invoices, make payments, etc.
How does it work?
- Establish a relationship with carriers who supply inbound phone numbers (DIDs) and allow outgoing calling to landlines/mobiles (VoIP termination).
- Your mobile app is submitted to iTunes, Google Play, Amazon App Store, and the like.
- Set up your rating plans for calls/SMS, monthly minute packages, recurring fees and value-added services (VAS), and bundle them together into one or more products using the PortaBilling web GUI.
- The customer follows a signup link from an online ad, a friend’s referral link, search engine results and so on, and opens a signup portal.
- The customer downloads and installs the app.
- The customer chooses the desired product and add-ons, and enters his personal information and payment method. The account in PortaSwitch is instantaneously provisioned.
- The app auto-configures settings such as authentication credentials and phone number using the QR code or configuration link in an SMS. There is no need for the customer to type in anything.
- The customer is ready to start making phone calls, chatting with friends via instant messaging (IM), or sending SMS. The service can be used via 3G and 4G/LTE mobile networks or Wi-Fi. In order to preserve battery life, the app may go into the background, but will be awakened by a push notification when there is an incoming call.
- A customer who wants to use his desktop PC can make calls from the web browser via WebRTC technology.
- All activities (such as calls or messaging) are authorized in real time to prevent balance overdrafts. At any time customers can top up their balance using a credit card, PayPal account, or prepaid voucher.
- To provide a better user experience, the mobile app displays current balance information and other service-related data retrieved from PortaSwitch.
- At the end of the month, recurring charges are applied, an invoice is generated, the credit card on file (when available) is automatically charged, and a PDF of invoice is emailed to the customer.
Smartphone users around the world are embracing VoIP apps as a way to complete domestic and international calls at little or no cost per call. By customizing our Cloud Softphone apps to PortaSwitch, providers are assuring their customers of the best possible call quality-along with unparalleled convenience and value. This can be a significant point of difference for PortaSwitch-based telecoms and a great marketing tool.”> Read more about Acrobits success story
Optimize your daily operations:
- Mobile app auto-provisioning
- Single phone number for all devices
- Automated customer rate deck generation
- Real-time call monitoring and alerts
Increase your profitability:
- Real-time authorization and overdraft protection
- Minute bundles with recurring fees
- Outgoing call routing: LCR, profit guarantee
- Charging for VAS
Provide a better experience for end users:
- User-friendly IP Centrex management
- Per-call route quality selection
- Comprehensive call management (auto attendant, queue, follow-me, voicemail)
- Adaptive routing to provide the best available quality
Stay ahead of the competition:
- Unlimited scalability with no per-user or per-feature costs
- Open platform that is quickly and easily expandable
- Class 5 features that work reliably
Excel in service reliability:
- Rigorously tested new versions
- Default full data redundancy
- Clustered components for high availability
Rapidly increase your sales volume:
- Multiple currencies and markets
- Promotions and discounts
- Resellers (white-label operators)
- Usage/payment-based commissions
Mobile OTT Apps
Toll-free calls (phone & Skype)
+1 866 747 8647
Calls & faxes from abroad:
+1 604 628 2508
Suite 408, 2963 Glen Drive
Coquitlam, BC, V3B 2P7