Offer new-generation real-time communication (RTC) using a mobile app for smartphone/tablet or WebRTC.
PortaSwitch is a unified service delivery platform, which includes the following components:
Session-Border Controller (SBC)
It provides a high-availability control point for all network communications. It hides the internal network topology; protects from denial-of-service (DoS) attacks; limits call initiation ratio per end-point; automatically distributes traffic between available softswitch nodes; enables multiple transport protocols (e.g. SIP over TLS).
Highly scalable class 4 and 5 SIP Softswitch delivers call control and media processing functions. It supports real-time call authorization and charging, dynamic call routing, advanced call control, full IP Centrex feature set, voice and video calls, fax-over-IP, presence / BLF, instant messaging and SMS. Media processing includes voicemail, auto-attendant, call queues, call recording, IVR applications, voice and video conferencing.
IP phone auto-provisioning
Zero-effort instantaneous configuration of more than 50 different IP phones from various vendors. Flexible provisioning framework allows to easily add new phone models.
(optional, third-party) allows to deliver feature-rich communications directly to your customer’s web browser.
is used to configure the service parameters, set up recurring and usage-based charging, activate customers, perform monitoring & troubleshooting and issue invoices. There is a real-time data link between B/OSS and softswitch, so any changes are instantly effective and no additional configuration is required.
This allows to implement variety of revenue generation methods, such as “all inclusive” or “a-la carte” selling of features (e.g. call recording); selling bundles of minutes for monthly subscriptions; charging based on metered parameters (number of extensions or concurrent calls).
It allows the customer to perform most of the IP Centrex configuration (adding extensions, configuring hunt-groups or auto-attendant, etc.), access CDRs and invoices, make payments, etc.
How does it work?
- Establish a relationship with carriers who supply inbound phone numbers (DIDs) and allow outgoing calling to landlines/mobiles (VoIP termination).
- Your mobile app is submitted to iTunes, Google Play, Amazon App Store, and the like.
- Set up your rating plans for calls/SMS, monthly minute packages, recurring fees and value-added services (VAS), and bundle them together into one or more products using the PortaBilling web GUI.
- The customer follows a signup link from an online ad, a friend’s referral link, search engine results and so on, and opens a signup portal.
- The customer downloads and installs the app.
- The customer chooses the desired product and add-ons, and enters his personal information and payment method. The account in PortaSwitch is instantaneously provisioned.
- The app auto-configures settings such as authentication credentials and phone number using the QR code or configuration link in an SMS. There is no need for the customer to type in anything.
- The customer is ready to start making phone calls, chatting with friends via instant messaging (IM), or sending SMS. The service can be used via 43G and 4G/LTE mobile networks or Wi-Fi. In order to preserve battery life, the app may go into the background, but will be awakened by a push notification when there is an incoming call.
- A customer who wants to use his desktop PC can make calls from the web browser via WebRTC technology.
- All activities (such as calls or messaging) are authorized in real time to prevent balance overdrafts. At any time customers can top up their balance using a credit card, PayPal account, or prepaid voucher.
- To provide a better user experience, the mobile app displays current balance information and other service-related data retrieved from PortaSwitch.
- At the end of the month, recurring charges are applied, an invoice is generated, the credit card on file (when available) is automatically charged, and a PDF of invoice is emailed to the customer.
We realized we needed a robust, convergent softswitch that would help us bring our app to market very fast. PortaSwitch had a wealth of features, APIs, support, scalability, the ability to customize - everything we needed, plus an unusually quick development environment.”> Read more about Exridge success story
Optimize your daily operations:
- Mobile app auto-provisioning
- Single phone number for all devices
- Automated customer rate deck generation
- Real-time call monitoring and alerts
Increase your profitability:
- Real-time authorization and overdraft protection
- Minute bundles with recurring fees
- Outgoing call routing: LCR, profit guarantee
- Charging for VAS
Provide a better experience for end-users:
- User-friendly IP Centrex management
- Per-call route quality selection
- Comprehensive call management (auto-attendant, queue, follow-me, voicemail)
- Adaptive routing to provide the best available quality
Stay ahead of the competition:
- Unlimited scalability with no per-user or per-feature costs
- Open platform that is quickly and easily expandable
- Class 5 features that work reliably
Excel in service reliability:
- Rigorously tested new versions
- Default full data redundancy
- Clustered components for high availability
Rapidly increase your sales volume:
- Multiple currencies and markets
- Promotions and discounts
- Resellers (white-label operators)
- Usage/payment-based commissions
Mobile OTT Apps
Toll-free calls (phone & Skype)
+1 866 747 8647
Calls & faxes from abroad:
+1 604 628 2508
Suite 408, 2963 Glen Drive
Coquitlam, BC, V3B 2P7