Offer your customers IP Centrex, voice and video calls, conferencing, unified messaging, and presence service with PortaSwitch
PortaSwitch maximizes your efficiency as a hosted IP PBX provider
Cater to enterprises' needs
What are the business drivers that lead enterprises to consider IP Centrex? PortaSwitch caters to all three motivations:
- Replacing a legacy PBX in order to simplify maintenance, enable remote offices or work-from-home employees to function in a single environment
- Migrating from another IP PBX solution to gain better flexibility, reduce costs
- Increasing staff productivity through CIT (computer telephony integration), which typically means integration with CRM, auto-dialing, access to call recordings, etc.
PortaOne and WTL have a couple of joint customers already so it made sense to formalize the relationship. We have always made clear that we do not offer Class 5 features on our switches but we will interwork with the best-of-breed solutions in the market. This agreement means that our customers can deploy the added-value services they need for their residential and business customers knowing that this is a proven combination of technologies.”> Read more about World Telecom Labs success story
Customize your revenue stream
You have the power to define your service offer as a combination of recurring fees per line, charges to be applied based on the total number of extensions, per-minute calling rates, bundled minutes, volume discounts, so on. You can offer “à la carte” subscriptions for specific features on top of the basic plans. The options are endless so that you can create what works for you and your customers.
Get your customers set up quickly
When a customer is created in PortaSwitch, administrator picks the desired product combination and enters the financial parameters (such as credit limit, payment terms, or fraud-detection profile). This defines which platform features customer has access to, how the system will charge for the usage (e.g. phone calls) and how it will assess the recurring charges—either fixed or based on the number of extensions. Alternatively, customers can activate their services independently via online sign-up portal.
The administrator allocates IP phones from the CPE inventory to the customer. This means that for more than 50 supported models of phones as soon as an IP phone is connected to the network it is automatically provisioned by PortaSwitch, with no further action required on the customer side.
Customers are assigned login credentials for the self-care portal, so later on they can configure their extensions, huntgroups, auto attendants, obtain additional local/toll-free DID numbers, purchase add-ons such as call recording or conferencing.
High end security and reliability
PortaSwitch supports SIP over TLS and ZRTP, so all communication between a phone and the server is encrypted and secure. When an end user makes an outgoing call from the customer’s office, the call is authorized by PortaSwitch: various fraud-prevention measures are applied, and the customer’s balance is checked in real time. PortaSwitch then routes the call to another IP PBX extension (for intra-office calls), or to a PSTN network.
Calls to DID numbers (local or toll-free) arrive from carriers or DID exchanges, and are then routed to an auto attendant, call queue, huntgroup, or individual extension, depending on the settings. Fax-over-IP, both outgoing and incoming, is supported as well.
When customers use the service from the office, at home or on-the-go, the advanced NAT traversal capabilities of PortaSwitch allow them to connect calls regardless of the specifics of the network configuration.
Hosted IP PBX integrated billing
PortaSwitch is a service delivery platform for hosted IP PBX that streamlines your business end-to-end. Inside their portal, your customer has a clear overview of all configuration settings, call recordings, CDRs and invoices. What’s more, each employee has access to the self-care portal for his individual line and can monitor their usage or configure settings such as follow-me numbers.
PortaSwitch revenue assurance means that no call is allowed when the balance is insufficient; every call is immediately charged and applied to the customer’s balance; every feature activation / deactivation is directly linked to the billing.
At the end of the month, all applicable fees are assessed, a PDF invoice is generated and emailed, and the credit card on file is automatically charged.
Architecture of an IP Centrex platform
PortaSwitch is a unified service delivery platform, which includes the following components:
Session border controller (SBC)
SBC provides a high-availability control point for all network communications. It hides the internal network topology, provides NAT traversal, protects from denial-of-service (DoS) attacks, limits call initiation ratio per end-point, automatically distributes traffic between available softswitch nodes, and enables multiple transport protocols (e.g. SIP over TLS).
Highly scalable class 4 and 5 SIP softswitch delivers call control and media processing functions. It supports real-time call authorization and charging, dynamic call routing, advanced call control, full IP Centrex feature set, voice and video calls, fax-over-IP, presence / BLF, instant messaging and SMS. Media processing includes voicemail, auto attendant, call queues, call recording, IVR applications, voice and video conferencing.
IP phone auto-provisioning
Zero-effort instantaneous configuration of more than 50 different IP phones from various vendors. Flexible provisioning framework allows customers to easily add new phone models.
This optional, third-party technology allows you to deliver feature-rich communications directly to your customer’s web browser.
Easily configure service parameters, set up recurring and usage-based charging, and activate customers. You can also monitor and troubleshoot, as well as send invoices. With a real-time data link between BSS and softswitch, any changes go into effect instantly and require no additional configuration.
You can implement a variety of revenue generation methods, such as “all inclusive” or “a-la carte” selling of features, selling bundles of minutes for monthly subscriptions, or charging based on metered parameters.
Our user-friendly portal makes it easy for the customer to perform most of the IP Centrex configuration, such as adding extensions or configuring hunt-groups. Customers can also access CDRs and invoices, make payments, and handle other important tasks all on their own.
Optimize daily operations
- Anti-fraud and call attempts (CPS) control
- Auto-provisioning of SIP phones
- Automated billing and invoicing
- Detailed web-based logs for troubleshooting
Provide better experience for end user
- User-friendly web GUI for IP Centrex management
- Per-call selection of route quality
- Quick ordering of new DIDs (local, toll-free, international)
- Use desktop phone, mobile phone or smartphone app
Excel in service reliability
- Rigorously tested new versions
- Adaptive routing to provide the best available quality
- Clustered components for high availability
- Ultimate availability (99.999%) with Oracle RAC
- Site redundancy and zero-downtime updates
- Charging based on number of extensions, trunks and/or concurrent calls
- Minute bundles with a fixed monthly fee
- Least-cost routing across multiple outgoing carriers
- Real-time call authorization and overdraft protection
Stay ahead of the competition
- Unlimited scalability with no per-user or per-feature costs
- Open platform that is quickly and easily expandable
- Class5 features that work reliably
Rapidly increase your sales volume
Online web signup with credit card billing
- Multiple currencies and markets
- Promotions and discounts
- Resellers (white-label operators)
- Usage/payment based commissions
- Alternate numbers
- Distinctive/Priority alerting
- Do not disturb
- Extension dialing
- Call forwarding /Follow-me
- Selective call acceptance
- Call transfer
- Selective call rejection
- Call waiting
- Sequential ring
- Calling line ID delivery
- Simultaneous ring
- Calling line ID blocking and override
- Speed dial
- Account codes
- Hunt groups
- Auto attendant
- Least-cost routing
- Loudspeaker paging
- Call centers
- Three-way calling
- Call pickup
- Two-stage dialing
- Call park and pickup
- Multi-site dialing plans
- Music on hold
- Voice/Fax mail
Hosted IP PBX / IP Centrex
- Gradual software updates in telecom: Presenting Dual Version solution
- Integration with Microsoft Teams: a flexible and cost-saving solution
- Professional service for Tier-1 CSP: Telekom Malaysia case study
- PortaBilling for MVNO: TravelSIM Australia case study
- PortaSwitch On Multiple Sites
- PortaSwitch to enable MVNO business: HelloSIM Case Study