Supply voice, SMS and data services using own 3G / 4G / LTE network or running as MVNO
The solution consists of the following components:
Core mobile network
(MVNE infrastructure), which includes HLR (centralized repository of subscriber data), MSC (voice call switching) and SGSN (data switching).
Mobile networks frequently already include SMSC (for processing SMS), USSD GW (for operations such as balance check, top-up, etc.) and IVR (for self-care via phone, etc.). If any of these components are not currently available, they can be delivered as part of a PortaOne solution.
In the case of prepaid services on 2.5G / 3G networks, a CAMEL gateway interface between the network and billing is required to allow real-time authorization and charging.
Service provisioning (B/OSS)
is used to configure service parameters and acts as a central repository of customer data. Every change in B/OSS (e.g. new customer activation) is instantaneously provisioned to HLR and other network elements. B/OSS handles product catalog and consolidated customer balance management, provides credit card payments and top-up voucher inventory, applies recurrent charging, issues invoices, and allows staff to perform monitoring & troubleshooting.
SIM card inventory
allows management and activation of SIM cards.
OCS (Online Charging System)
allows real-time charging for activity such as voice calls or sent SMS. PortaBilling OCS is fully converged; it enables charging for voice calls, SMS, data and VAS (such as IPTV or ring-tone) and creating an unlimited number of service wallets, quotas and discount plans.
If there are external sources of CDRs (e.g. roaming partners) this is handled by the CDR import module. A variety of CDR source formats is supported. CDRs are extracted from each incoming file and pre-processed for validation, data merge, and the like. Then collections of CDRs are rated and charges are applied to the customer / vendor account.
allows consolidated customer balance management, provides top-up voucher inventory, real-time balance top-ups, flexible recurring charging, perform monitoring & troubleshooting and issues.
How does it work?
- Products and services are configured in PortaBilling, and available SIM cards are imported to the inventory.
- When a customer signs up for a service, he is provisioned in PortaBilling as a customer with one (or more) accounts underneath. Each account represents an actual phone line, and is assigned a phone number (MSISDN) and associated with a SIM card (identified by IMSI).
- Once the account is active, PortaBilling connects to HLR and creates an entry for the SIM card / MSISDN.
- Now, when the customer inserts the SIM card and powers on the phone, he can register to the network.
- When a call is made, MSC performs call authorization in PortaBilling to verify that the customer has sufficient balance, is allowed to call that destination, and so on.
- Funds are locked to cover the initial period of the call, and a confirmation is sent to MSC. When the period is over, authorization for the subsequent period is sent, and so on.
- When the call is over, a CDR record is immediately produced.
- The same process repeats for SMS, data services, or VAS. Since funds are authorized in real time, the end-user can make use of multiple services simultaneously without exceeding the balance.
- If usage data is delivered from a third-party network as a file (e.g. TAP3 file for roaming data), CDRs are extracted, mediation/verification is performed, and then the CDRs are rated and added to individual customers’ accounts.
- If a customer sends a USSD request (such as “check my balance”), it is delivered to USSD GW and then to PortaBilling via the Webservices API. The response is forwarded back to the user.
PortaBilling Oracularius allows our firm to handle multiple business needs on just one platform. We upgraded to this system in order to manage our considerable growth without any interruption to our services. It provides instant scalability, and allows us to add capacity as needed to our Oracle RAC cluster or other components.”> Read more about Datora Telecom Group success story
Optimize daily operations
- Use your own mobile core, or run as an MVNO
- Customer auto-provisioning to HLR / HSS
- Flexible CDR file mediation
- Automatic invoicing with collection procedure
Provide better experience for end-user
- Customer self-care portal and IVR
- USSD info and SMS notifications
- Online payments and top-ups
- Consolidated bill for all mobile services
Excel in service reliability
- Default full data redundancy
- Clustered components for high availability
- Ultimate availability (99.999%) with Oracle RAC
- Site redundancy and zero-downtime updates
- Top-up voucher management
- Minute bundles with recurring monthly fees
- Flexible internet quotas with top-ups and add-ons
- Multi-service bundles, triple play
Stay ahead of the competition
- Unlimited scalability with no per-user or per-feature costs
- Open platform that is quickly and easily expandable
- Minimal administrative activity
- International mobile top-ups
Rapidly increase your sales volume
- Multiple currencies and markets
- Distributors, resellers, white-label operators
- Usage/payment-based commissions
- Cross-service promotions and discounts
- High availability
- HLR /HSS integration
- Diameter AAA (DCCA, Gy, Ro)
- RADIUS AAA
- CAMEL phase 1-3
- TAP3 CDR file processing
- SMS notifications
- USSD support
- Voucher top-ups
- Customer self-care portal
- IVR self-care
- Trouble-ticket system
- Webservices API
- Prepaid / postpaid balance
- Balance overdraft protection
- Recurring charges
- Customer hierarchy
- Lifetime management
- Service wallets
- Real-time charging per call/SMS
- Data transfer charging (GPRS / 3G / 4G /LTE)
- Flexible rating formula
- MO / MT charging
- Location-based charging
- Peak / off-peak charging
- CUGs / Friends & Family
- VAS charging
- Usage quotas
- Adjustable invoice layout
- Fraud detection & prevention
- Full audit log
MVNO / MVNE
Toll-free calls (phone & Skype)
+1 866 747 8647
Calls & faxes from abroad:
+1 604 628 2508
Suite 408, 2963 Glen Drive
Coquitlam, BC, V3B 2P7