PortaSwitch is an integrated platform for telecommunication service providers, wholesale carriers, ISP, MVNO and NGN operators for unifying voice, messaging, and data traffic within a single converged network
PortaSwitch includes 2 main components:
How does it work?
The key difference between PortaSwitch and more traditional "switch" products is that PortaSwitch offers much more. It includes the B/OSS component, and so is a unified service management and delivery platform that:
- provides a real-time verification of available funds,
- detects and prevents potential fraudulent activity,
- automatically disconnects calls to prevent balance overdrafts,
- manages flexible rating of service usage,
- offers a tool to create attractive product bundles,
- automatically assesses monthly recurring charges,
- generates and delivers invoices electronically, and
- enforces the payment collection process.
PortaSwitch stores all the information about the products, rates and customers and the service configuration for individual customers or phone lines. It is managed via a web interface and includes a self-care portal for your end users. Internally, PortaBilling controls call processing as well as real-time routing.
PortaSwitch communicates with IP phones, mobile dialers and communication clients, and media gateways via the SIP protocol. There are no restrictions as far as the vendor or model of the equipment, so any communication device that supports SIP can be used in conjunction with PortaSwitch for services such as voice or video calls, presence or instant messaging.
- Includes PortaBilling
- High availability and load-balancing to efficiently distribute network load to maintain operational uptime
- Capacity provisioning to improve performance
- Remote Site Redundancy for disaster recovery
- Online self-care for easily accessible management
- Seamless Integration with standardized third-party APIs saving time and money by reducing complexity
- Easy-to-use configuration server to quickly manage the configuration of all servers simplifying staff work load
- One converged billing and switch platform across multiple communication systems
- Geographic distribution architecture using PortaSIP servers to maintain operational uptime across different geographical regions
Independent PortaSIP physical servers may be used in a single system cluster environment to provide fault-tolerant services. Connected to PortaBilling, the system of multiple PortaSIP servers provides all the required service provisioning information and maintains a global database of SIP phone registrations. A SIP phone user may connect to any of the available PortaSIP servers. If one server is unavailable due to a hardware failure or network problem, the other PortaSIP servers will handle calls.
The PortaSwitch architecture can be expanded to utilize multiple physical servers in various distributed clusters to process more RADIUS requests improving performance (linear capacity), ensure uninterrupted service and zero downtime updates, as well as provide geographic redundancy across the globe.
Service providers with global business exposure may choose to install a clustered system of multiple PortaSIP servers in various separate geographical locations. This allows them to keep the service running even if an entire hosting center in one place goes down.
Geographic distribution architecture overcomes catastrophic events to provide uninterrupted service using multiple servers in different geographic locations that continue operating during the main site outage. Geographic distribution also improves network utilization: users in Asia primarily use a PortaSIP server hosted in Singapore or Hong Kong, while European customers will work with a PortaSIP server in Frankfurt or London.
Remote site redundancy
PortaSwitch site redundancy allows:
- protect against hosting facility outages
- continued service to multiple geographic regions when network connectivity is lost
- updates to new software versions with zero downtime
For more information about PortaSwitch technical capabilities, architecture, and pricing, please contact our sales team.
Toll-free calls (phone & Skype)
+1 866 747 8647
Calls & faxes from abroad:
+1 604 628 2508
Suite 408, 2963 Glen Drive
Coquitlam, BC, V3B 2P7