PortaBilling is a business and operation support system (B/OSS) with convergent billing and online charging system (OCS) for Communication Service Providers (CSP)
- Customer management
- Service provisioning
- Carrier grade converged billing platform with online charging system, rating, and invoicing
How does it work?
CSP, network operators, Internet Service Providers (ISP), MVNO/MVNE, and wholesale carriers rely on our telecom billing software to launch, price, provision, and manage various prepaid, postpaid, retail and wholesale communication services. Those services include voice and video calls, IP Centrex/Hosted IP PBX, IPTV and VoD, residential VoIP, CLEC type services, WiFi, LTE, M2M/IoT, and many more.
PortaBilling is a converged telecom billing platform; it can be used as a single administration interface to manage and bill for multiple services, including those provided by third-party network elements (for example, LTE SAE-GW or WiMAX ASN-GW), while showing billing charges for different services grouped on a single bill.
As a B/OSS, PortaBilling communicates with elements of a communication network, provides its nodes with authentication or authorization, and gathers billing events, i.e. data about services rendered to the customers. Based on this information, PortaBilling performs rating for the services, creates transaction records and modifies customer balances accordingly.
All this happens in real time, so billing data is updated as soon as a session is completed. PortaBilling acts as the nerve center of the network and represents a unified platform for multiple services allowing to charge clients for their voice calls, messages, data transfer, and other services like IPTV subscriptions or video-on-demand (VoD) thus effectively deploying triple-play on a single network.
- Real-Time billing and service monetization platform
- Integrated OCS: Online Charging System
- Voice, video, SMS, data, VAS, IPTV, SDN/NFV, IoT/M2M
- Customer management and provisioning
- CDR mediation and vendor/routing control
- Administration, reporting and self-care Interfaces
- High availability and load-balancing to efficiently distribute network load to maintain operational uptime
- Capacity provisioning to improve performance
- Remote site redundancy for disaster recovery
- Online self-care for easily accessible management
- Seamless integration with standardized third-party APIs saving time and money by reducing complexity
- Easy-to-use configuration Server to quickly manage the entire installation simplifying staff workload
- One converged billing platform providing single billing across multiple communication systems
The PortaBilling architecture can be expanded to utilize multiple physical servers in various distributed clusters to process more RADIUS requests improving performance (linear capacity), ensure uninterrupted service and zero downtime updates, as well as provide geographic redundancy across the globe.
Site redundancy allows to:
- protect against hosting facility outages
- provide service to multiple geographic regions when network connectivity between them is lost
- perform updates to new software versions with zero downtime
For more information about PortaBilling technical capabilities, architecture, and pricing, please contact our sales team.
Toll-free calls (phone & Skype)
+1 866 747 8647
Calls & faxes from abroad:
+1 604 628 2508
Suite 408, 2963 Glen Drive
Coquitlam, BC, V3B 2P7