Create a wholesale trade platform for voice minutes or SMS using the PortaSwitch real-time routing & charging platform.
PortaSwitch is a unified service delivery platform which includes the following components:
Session-Border Controller (SBC)
providing a high-availability control point for all network communications. It hides the internal network topology; protects from denial-of-service (DoS) attacks; limits call initiation ratio per end-point; automatically distributes traffic between available softswitch nodes; and enables multiple transport protocols (e.g. SIP over TLS).
A highly scalable class 4 and 5 SIP Softswitch delivers call control and media processing functions. It supports real-time call authorization and charging, dynamic call routing, advanced call control, fax-over-IP, and processing of both person-to-person (P2P) and application-to-person (A2P) SMS. Media traffic can be proxied through PortaSwitch as well, thus totally separating customers from route suppliers. B/OSS is used to provision new carriers, adjust routing parameters, perform rate management, activate customers, perform monitoring & troubleshooting, and issue invoices. There is a real-time data link between B/OSS and the softswitch, so any changes are instantly effective and no additional configuration is required.
The core of the system
is a real-time routing engine, which allows you to customize routing per customer group and maximize profits. Routes are ordered based on cost (LCR), priority,. Adaptive routing module perform custom This allows you to use a variety of revenue generation methods, such as “all inclusive” or “a la carte” selling of features (e.g. call recording); selling bundles of minutes for monthly subscriptions; and charging based on metered parameters (number of extensions or concurrent calls).
How does it work?
- Your customers will be telco operators (e.g. a mobile operator seeking a route for a specific country), VoIP service providers, or other VoIP/SMS exchanges. They are interested in low cost, good quality, and additional features (e.g. T.38 faxing support).
- Upload a carrier’s rates into PortaBilling. An intuitive rate upload wizard allows you to upload a rate deck from virtually any CSV/XLS layout. Moreover, the format and any adjustments you make are memorized for future uploads. So next time you receive a rate update from this carrier, it can be uploaded with just a few mouse clicks, or even in fully automated mode by forwarding an email to a specific address.
- Define the carrier gateways (IP address, port, authorization parameters, etc.), thus enabling connections to the carrier network.
- Create your selling rates using the automated “blending” tools provided by PortaBilling. These analyze available carriers for each destination and calculate the sale price based on average cost + desired markup.
- Create routing plans to further customize routing, e.g. to implement profit-guarantee routing with the desired profitability, override default LCR routing and send destinations to specific vendors, or implement route filtering (e.g. only routes that support T.38 faxing).
- In addition to per-minute or per-message pricing, you can also define volume discounts (e.g. automatic 10% rate reduction when a 1,000,000 minutes/month threshold is reached) and service commitments (e.g. if a customer sends calls for less than $25,000 per month, he is charged the remaining amount).
- Provision your customers and define their end-points (which will send calls to your network). Authorization can be done based on username/password, IP address, or other parameters. In order to completely separate customers from vendors, you can proxy through PortaSwitch not only call signaling, but also all voice streams (RTP).
- In order to further protect your network from unauthorized traffic bursts from a customer, you can assign a limit for call attempts per second. When a outgoing call (via SIP) or message (via SIP or SMPP) from a customer’s network is delivered to PortaSwitch, it is authorized in real time based on the available funds and then routed according to current vendor prices, routing plan settings, time of day, and so on.
- An adaptive routing module constantly monitors the vendor’s quality parameters and automatically adjusts the routing, temporarily penalizing carriers who do not meet the desired quality threshold.
- The customer has a clear overview of all configuration settings, CDRs and invoices.
- The administrator has access to various reports, such as cost/revenue, ASR, and the like.
- At the end of the month, a CSV file with CDR summary and an invoice PDF are generated and emailed to customers.
PortaOne and WTL have a couple of joint customers already so it made sense to formalize the relationship. We have always made clear that we do not offer Class 5 features on our switches but we will interwork with the best-of-breed solutions in the market. This agreement means that our customers can deploy the added-value services they need for their residential and business customers knowing that this is a proven combination of technologies.”> Read more about World Telecom Labs success story
Optimize daily operations
- Easy and quick service provisioning
- Anti-fraud and call attempt (CPS) control
- SIP and SMPP support
- Detailed web-based logs for troubleshooting
Increase your profitability:
- Real-time call authorization and overdraft protection
- Least-cost routing across multiple outgoing carriers
- Profit-guarantee routing
Provide better experience for end-users:
- Self-care for managing configuration
- Per-call selection of route quality
Stay ahead of the competition:
- Unlimited scalability with no per-user or per-feature costs
- Open platform that is quickly and easily expandable
- Fast delivery of new features with agile development
Excel in service reliability:
- Carrier-grade security with Oracle Linux Full data redundancy
- Clustered components for high availability
- Clustered components for high availability
- Ultimate availability (99.999%) with Oracle RAC
- Site redundancy and zero-downtime updates
Rapidly increase your sales volume:
- Easy set-up for new carriers/customers
- Unlimited number of routes/participants
- Cross-service promotions and discounts
- Least-cost routing (LCR)
- Failover routing
- DoS attack and “rogue” call traffic prevention
- Local number portability
- T.38 fax
- Call attempt rate (CPS) control
- Adaptive routing
- Media proxying
- Rate upload from CSV/XLS via wizard
- Auto-generation of selling rate
- Automated invoicing
- Cost-revenue and quality analysis
- Bilateral traffic exchange
- Statistics and reports
Wholesale VoIP / SMS
Toll-free calls (phone & Skype)
+1 866 747 8647
Calls & faxes from abroad:
+1 604 628 2508
Suite 408, 2963 Glen Drive
Coquitlam, BC, V3B 2P7