PortaSwitch in a public cloud
PortaOne customers may chose to install PortaSwitch in both private (on your own servers in your hosting facility) and public clouds. The installation of PortaSwitch in a public cloud is an all-embracing service where there is no need to:
- purchase any licenses,
- order the physical servers, and
- collocate them in a hosting facility.
With a cloud-based PortaSwitch you can launch your project quicker and accelerate the return on your efforts. Even when your business needs change as your project expands, you can scale up your PortaSwitch installation in a cloud at once without any additional capex.
The most important features of PortaSwitch deployment in a cloud are:
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) deployment where the cloud infrastructure is maintained by PortaOne provides significant savings on expenses for buying the servers, their hosting, provisioning, and maintenance;
- Shorter implementation timeframe as you get the access to your PortaSwitch installation in a cloud within a single day;
- Unmatchable scalability as you can decide on the needed capacity of your cloud system that yet can be increased on your demand at any time;
- Service usage subscription fees that are based on maximal number of concurrent calls and the amount of billable events (xDRs) processed by PortaSwitch on a monthly basis.
- Install an additional site in another location for geographic redundancy and perform software upgrades with zero down-time;
- Gradually move end users and subscribers to a new cloud-based installation using Porter data transfer tool and set up a dual-version of PortaSwitch;
- Instantaneously set up a staging system to verify new maintenance releases before the updates of main production system, run interoperability tests with the third-party equipment and applications internally, and conduct the trainings for resellers and distributors.