These are generic hardware requirements for PortaSwitch components. Please note these requirements may vary to serve particular purposes in specific networks.
In order to ensure the chosen hardware set 100% satisfies the requirements and provides adequate performance, submit your preferred configuration to PortaOne engineering team for review prior to placing an order with your hardware vendor.
|Component||Billing, Web & Replica DB, Web, PortaSIP Servers||DB Servers||Configuration Server|
|Minimum CPUs||2x Quad-Core|
|Recommended CPUs||2x Hexa-Core|
|RAID*||RAID 1||RAID 1+0|
|Minimum disk space||250GB||300GB||500GB|
|Recommended disk space||1TB||600GB||2TB|
|10K/15K rpm disks|
* You need to turn on the RAID's option "Force Write Back" into Always mode for Dell hardware.
Total Number of Servers per Installation
|Web & Replica DB Server||1||1||NA|
Please note that all servers must:
- Have DVD-ROM drive or USB slot
- Have two network (Gigabit Ethernet) ports
- Have a remote access card like Dell iDRAC Enterprise, HP iLO Advanced (or be connected to IP KVM and remote power switch)
PortaSwitch® can be installed from optical discs (an IDE or a USB DVD-ROM) or from USB flash drives.
Please avoid any entry-level or desktop-oriented components - use only high-performance ones, for example:
- RAID must be write cache enabled
- CPUs must be of the server type (Xeon or Opteron), with 64bit support, released in 2010 or later, with frequency of 2.2GHz or higher
- Network adapter must be the "server" model
In order to identify whether PortaSwitch can be installed on the specific server you plan to purchase, you must use the "Hardware compatibility CD", provided by PortaOne. Download the CD image and burn it on the CD using any of the CD-recording programs. Boot up from this CD, and PortaSwitch test utility will detect if all of the required components (e.g. network interface) are available and supported by Linux (RedHat).
Toll-free calls (phone & Skype)
+1 866 747 8647
Calls & faxes from abroad:
+1 604 628 2508
Suite 408, 2963 Glen Drive
Coquitlam, BC, V3B 2P7