As a courtesy contribution to the Asterisk community PortaOne has created a general public license client that brings RADIUS AAA capabilities to Asterisk PBX. This piece of software is entirely written in Perl. Therefore, it is 100% portable and easy to understand and customize. RADIUS attributes are used according to Cisco VSA Voice Implementation Guide which provides compatibility with billing platforms, including PortaBilling100.
The client allows implementing numerous authentications and accounting features, including:
- Users’ authentication via RADIUS protocol
- Use of global RADIUS server settings and individual RADIUS server settings for different extensions
- Authentication by general “account + password”, which can mean anything depending on the service you are willing to implement i.e. ANI authorization, prepaid cards, etc.
- Authentication of SIP users via RADIUS (secure, pass Digest over RADIUS)
- Automated disconnect and call timer settings if “credit time” is provided in radius reply
- Processing of RADIUS reply attributes in extensions.conf in order to create IVR response
- Stop RADIUS records generation for incoming and outgoing call legs
More information about this RADIUS client, its installation and configuration examples can be found on the VoIP Wiki.