You’ll be working with PortaSIP, one of our flagship solutions. It’s a clusterable and highly scalable SIP softswitch that enables our customers to support enhanced voice applications such as hosted IP PBX service, unified messaging, conferencing, and IP call center, as well as a whole new class of services that integrate telephony with the web, e-mail, and other communications portals. PortaSIP combines two major VoIP network elements in one: a highly sophisticated softswitch for hosted IP PBX/IP Centrex services, and a very robust SBC. As with every PortaOne product, PortaSIP has an open architecture and source code, a lifelong unlimited license with no additional fees per subscriber or feature, and free updates. With PortaSIP, our clients can easily create new products and services, building a flexible and agile business.
Python 2.7 and Python 3.4, PyPy, CPython, MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, Oracle, an asynchronous private library-based component.
You’ll join a team of six Python experts aiming to create the highest quality code. Our extensive code base and complex project architecture allow you to hone both programming skills and proficiency in integrating various services. We are proud to have a highly structured management system along with a friendly atmosphere, supporting each other with all the professional advice one might need.
Must-have skills and knowledge
- 3+ years experience with network and/or system programming (Python/Perl/Ruby/etc.);
- Experience working with Unix/Linux;
- Experience with GIT/Gerrit;
- Advanced coding techniques: reusability of code, low/middle-level network programming, ability to work with legacy code, code refactoring;
- Experience working with asynchronous programming and understanding of its basic principles;
- Extensive knowledge of OOP, OOD principles;
- Proficiency in written English.
- Knowledge of VoIP technology
- Analysis, research, and coding of new software components;
- Solving programming problems and optimizing legacy code;
- Participation in code reviews, design, and documentation;
- Maintenance and writing of auto-tests;
- Documentation of low-level designs.
- Provide high-quality product, which meets the user expectations in terms of both functionality and stability (absence of coding/algorithmic errors).
- Work both in a team environment and individually.
- Mentor team in terms of technical questions.
- Propose new areas of product development.
- Follow a defined schedule and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Ensure project's deadlines are met.
- Acquire new knowledge; demonstrate proactive learning and continuous development of the skillset.
- Professional Development. At PortaOne you’ll be surrounded by experienced colleagues willing to share their knowledge.
- Stability. We’ve been providing telecommunication solutions for 15+ years to 470 clients in 90 countries. The demand for our product in the modern world is only increasing with time. This means that you’ll join a growing business with interesting challenges and a stable income.
- Plenty of options for professional development since every project is different. You’ll never get bored!
- The highest programming standards and continuous improvement of processes. And we always aim to avoid unnecessary bureaucracy!
- Flexible schedule and opportunity to work remotely.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Competitive salary.
- Team-building and corporate events.