Andriy Zhylenko, CTO at PortaOne will participate in the annual Independent Software Developers Forum in Moscow, Russia later this week.
Andriy will present his speech on how to manage personnel located in other cities and countries. Here are a few points covered in Anrdiy’s ISDEF presentation:
- Going beyond the “everyone knows that”: information flow in your organization, people must see the whole picture
- Different time zones: would you like to have “24 hours operation” or “no one is ever there”?
- “Peculiarities of the national hunting” and other cultural differences
- “It is easy to see an enemy behind the email lines”, the importance of face-to-face communications
- Communication and collaboration tools to organize a single “virtual” office
The Independent Software Developers Forum (ISDEF) represents and protects the interests of software developers and other software industry participants. The primary function of ISDEF is to support and improve the processes of software development and market introduction and promotion. To this end, the ISDEF:
- organizes seminars, conferences and other forums for the exchange of expertise
- arranges events tackling the problem of computer piracy
- facilitates the creation and promotion of new software products.
The ISDEF 2007 Conference will take place in Foresta Tropicana Hotel in Moscow on October 18-22.