Example 1. Percentage-based Routing
Example 2. Consistent Routing to One Carrier
Example 3. Sequential Routing
Application of the Routing Plan
Assign the Routing Plan to the Product
Assign the Routing Plan to an Account
PortaSwitch® provides excellent capabilities for real-time routing (LCR, profit-guarantee routing, individual routing plans, etc.). This allows any customer’s routing to dynamically respond to even the slightest change in a vendor’s rate, so there is no need to “rebuild” the routing table or perform any other manual operations after a new tariff for a vendor is uploaded.
However, it is sometimes necessary to make minor adjustments for one or several routes only. The examples below describe the configuration procedure for the following types of routing override:
· Percentage-based routing
· Consistent routing to one carrier
· Sequential routing
For example, when sending calls to UK-Proper, 20 percent of all traffic should go to the X-Telecom carrier and 80 percent to the GlobalNet carrier.
1. In the Routing function box select Routing Plans and click Add to create a new routing plan.
2. Type the name of the routing plan in the Name field.
3. Route Categories – Select Disabled.
4. Select Enabled for the Override Routes field.
5. In the Destination Group Set field specify a set of groups which you want to adjust routing for. Please refer to Creating a Service with Discount Plans handbook for a detailed description of a destination Group Set configuration.
6. Click Save.
7. On the Routing Override tab click Add.
8. Specify the destination group for which you want to configure a specific routing in the Destination Group field.
9. Click Add %-share Pool button.
10. Select Rearrange All and press Add Route.
11. Select the connections through which the call will be routed before (or instead of) applying a “normal” LCR routing.
12. For each connection, specify its probability of being the first in the list of routes. The carrier GlobalNet will receive four-fifths of all calls (80%) and X-Telecom carrier will receive one-fifth of all calls (20%).
13. Click Save & Close.
14. Click Save to complete the settings procedure.
Let’s consider the example of an adjustment for a single route only, so that the traffic to Vietnam-Mobile from customer A will always go to carrier GlobalNet.
It is possible to create a list of connections for a destination group in a desired routing order, and the call will be routed accordingly, before (or instead of) applying a “normal” LCR routing. An entry in the override list can be either a single connection or a percentage-share connection pool, where each connection has the probability to be the first route according to the assigned percentage value.
Let’s consider the example, where 25 percent of cases send traffic via the connection Europe Premium, 40 percent of cases send via the connection Termination to UK, and the rest (35 percent), should be sent based on LCR. This configuration procedure is similar to the previous ones; please refer to the screenshots below for the particulars.
With the routing plan created, the question of how to apply it arises.
There are two ways to apply the routing plan:
· To assign it to a product. Then the routing plan will be used for calls sent by all accounts with this product assigned;
· To assign it to an account. In this case it will be used for calls sent by this account only.
1. In the Rating section of the Admin-Index page, choose Products.
2. On the Product Management page, click on the name of the product you want to apply the routing plan to.
3. On the Service Configuration tab select Outgoing Calls.
4. Click Enabled to enable the Routing Plan service feature.
5. Individual Routing Plan – Select the routing plan you have just created.
6. Click Save&Close to save the changes.
1. Go to the Customers screen (the one containing a list of customers).
2. Next to the customer name, click the Accounts icon (the one in the Accounts column) to enter account management for this customer.
3. Perform an account search and, when the required account is displayed, click on the account ID.
4. Go to the Service Configuration tab of the account.
5. Select Enabled from the Routing Plan list in the Outgoing Calls section.
6. Select the routing plan for this account from the list.
7. Click Save&Close.