Charging Calls – Rating Formula Method
This method gives you maximum flexibility for call rating. You create a call formula that is then applied to a call.
Let’s consider the example shown on the figure below. “Charge 1.80 per minute with 1 second rounding for the first minute of the call, then charge 1.80 per minute for the next 2 minutes with 1 minute rounding; after the 3rd minute the fixed surcharge of 0.50 will be applied with 25% probability; and for the next 7 minutes a charge of 1.80 will be applied with 1 minute rounding. Once the call duration reaches 10 minutes, in 50% of all cases it will be disconnected with 30 seconds of dispersion.”
Please refer to the Charging calls – rating formula method section of for more details.
Let’s see how this schema can be configured:
1. Open your customer tariff (e.g. Residential SIP). Then go to the General info panel and click the Default formula icon.
2. On the Rate formula wizard panel, click to add a new element to the formula.
3. Choose the appropriate type from the (Available) list on Add an element to the formula panel.
4. Specify the first Interval and click Add.
5. Specify the second Interval and click Add.
6. Specify the Fixed Surcharge and click Add.
7. Specify the third Interval and click Add.
8. Indicate the Call Disconnect parameters and click Add.
9. To specify the last unlimited Interval that will last until the end of the call. Select the last default formula element and click Edit icon.
10. Specify the last unlimited Interval and click Edit.
11. Click Save to apply the formula.