Configuring Interoperability with DIDX
If your customers plan that calls to DID numbers that are provided by DIDX are forwarded to their SIP phones, it is necessary to configure interoperability with DIDX.
Configuration on the PortaSwitch Side
Create a Pricing DID Batch
Assign a Pricing DID Batch to a Customer
Create a tariff for incoming DID costs and define the rates
Create a tariff that describes the per-minute costs of incoming DIDs from this DID provider.
1. In the Rating section of the Admin-Index page, choose Tariffs.
2. On the Tariff Management page, choose Add.
3. Fill in the Add Tariff form. In the Applied To select menu, choose Vendor. Then clear the Routing check box, since no routing actually takes place for this vendor, i.e. the vendor will be sending calls to your network.
4. Click Save.
Enter Rates for Your Vendor Tariff
The process of entering incoming call rates is similar to the one described for other vendors. As the DIDX vendor actually applies the same rate for per-minute charges to deliver incoming calls to your network, you can use the wildcard assignment (|) to enter the rate in the tariff.
1. Click on the Rates button, then click Add. Enter the rates applied to you by the DID provider.
2. Click Save.
Create a DIDX vendor
This entity is required to keep track of incoming DIDX expenses and to provide an adequate level of security on the network. Since every incoming call must be authorized, it is necessary to create an account under the vendor that will be used for such authorization.
1. In the Participants section of the admin interface, choose Vendors.
2. On the Vendor Management page, click Add.
3. Fill in the Add Vendor form.
4. Click Save.
5. Click on the Authorization tab.
6. Click Add to enter credentials provided by the vendor.
7. Enter the following values:
· Name – A short name for this account description (visible when associating the account with a connection).
· Login – Enter a DIDX gateway IP address. For an IP address list, refer to the DIDX Frequently Asked Questions: For Buyers page.
· Password – Enter the password provided by DIDX.
· Repeat these steps to enter credentials for other DIDX IP addresses.
8. Go to the DID Provisioning tab to configure on-demand provisioning of phone numbers:
· To enable the interconnection with a DID provider, check the Enable On-Demand Provisioning check box.
· Select DIDX from the DID Provider list.
· Register on the provider’s web site to obtain the user name (User ID) and Password necessary for receiving authorization on the DIDX server. To do that, go to www.didx.net and enter the information in the appropriate fields.
· Specify a new vendor DID batch or choose one created earlier. All DID numbers allocated from this vendor will be assigned to the specified batch. Note that if a new batch is specified here, it will automatically be created in the DID Inventory.
· Select the tariff that defines your incoming DID costs (the one created above) from the Incoming Costs Tariff list.
· Select the PortaSIP® node from the Accept Calls on SIP Server list.
9. Click the Save button in the toolbar.
10. Click Close.
When a DID vendor is saved, PortaBilling® requests configuration data from the selected DID provider and automatically creates all the required connections for receiving calls from this vendor. The specified incoming costs tariff is assigned to all connections by default.
The pricing DID batches are sets of pricing parameters that are applied to different customer groups for DID usage (e.g. for DID usage, you may want to charge your residential customers differently from your business customers).
1. In the Networking section of the admin interface, choose DID Inventory.
2. On the DID Inventory page, choose DID Pricing.
3. Press Add to add a new batch.
4. Fill in the Add DID Batch form:
· Name – Type in a short name for the pricing DID batch object.
· Applied To – Select Customers, since this is the batch that will be used for charging customers.
· Click the Pricing Parameters link and define the DID price using the following parameters:
o DIDs – Select the Add On-Demand from External Vendor option.
o Vendor – Select the vendor providing DID numbers for this batch (DIDX in this example).
o Currency – Select the currency to be charged for DID usage. Note that this batch can only be assigned to customers who use the same currency.
o Additional Activation Fee – Specify a configurable fixed amount that is charged upon allocation of a new number in addition to the DID provider’s activation fee.
o Additional Recurring Fee – Specify a configurable fixed amount that is always included in the recurring (monthly) charge.
o Recurring Fee Markup – Specify a configurable increase of the DID cost (charged by the DID provider) included in the recurring charge in addition to the actual DID cost.
o Round the Final Charge Amount – Specify the rounding pattern in order to obtain “marketable” figures. This will specify the last “pre-set” digits in the figure.
5. Click the Save button in the toolbar or the icon on the left-hand side end of the row.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 if it is necessary to create more pricing DID batches.
On-demand DID provisioning enables the customer to browse, online, the complete inventory of DID or toll-free numbers available on the DID vendor side. When a number is selected, the sign-up process on the PortaSwitch® side will reserve and allocate that number on the DID provider side and provision it inside of PortaSwitch® (e.g. as an alias to an existing account). When the customer decides that he no longer needs the number (or changes the number to something else), the reverse procedure will happen – the number will be released on the DID provider side and the account / alias will be removed in PortaBilling®.
To allocate DID numbers to your customers, do the following:
1. On the Additional Info tab, select a previously created pricing DID batch in the Auto-provision DIDs via Batch list.
2. Click Save.
Once a batch of numbers for DID auto-provisioning have been assigned, these numbers can be provisioned for this customer on the DID provider side. This is usually done by an end user. Please consult the External Numbers section of the PortaBilling® Help or the … add a DID number as an account alias via On-demand DID Provisioning chapter of the How to… section for more information about allocating DIDs.