How to …
Let’s say you only want to allow your customers from the UK and Ireland to initiate callbacks. This can be done by setting up separate charging for different call legs and restricting the destinations in the call legA tariff to destinations in the UK and Ireland.
1. Edit the Accounting section of the Callback calling application:
· Open the Callback calling application and select Accounting;
· Specify the CLD prefixes for legA and legB in the LegA CLD prefix and LegB CLD prefix fields;
· Click Save.
NOTE: Callback trigger instances are modified in the same manner as the Callback IVR application.
2. Create tariffs that will be used for separately charging for different call legs following the instructions described in the previous chapters.
3. Enter rates to the tariffs:
· Enter rates for destinations to the UK and Ireland that will be used for charging for call legA to the tariff;
· Enter rates to the tariff that will be used for charging call legB and all other required destinations, except the UK and Ireland.
4. Modify the callback product:
· On the Usage charges panel add a new rating entry with your PortaSIP® node, the tariff that will be used for charging for call legA and the access code in this format: <LegA CLD Prefix> + <Access number> (e.g. 123#18882325698);
· Add another rating entry with your PortaSIP® node, the tariff that will be used for charging call legB and the access code in the format <LegB CLD Prefix> + <Access number> (e.g. 456#18882325698).
1. Perform steps 1-3 as described in the section above.
2. Modify the callback product:
· On the Usage charges panel add a new rating entry with your PortaSIP® node, the tariff that will be used for charging for call legA and the access code in the format <LegA CLD Prefix> + <Access Code> (e.g. 123#WEBCALLBACK);
· On the Usage charges panel add a new rating entry with your PortaSIP® node, the tariff that will be used for charging call leg A and the access code in this format: <LegB CLD Prefix> + <Access Code> (e.g. 456#WEBCALLBACK).
This option allows you to apply a single tariff to charge users for calls made to their numbers (call leg A) from multiple access numbers (e.g. if you provide DNIS callback), and to apply another tariff to charge users for calls to destination numbers (call leg B).
To match all access numbers to corresponding tariffs in the product, do the following:
1. Configure the callback services as described in the handbook.
2. Configure the LegA CLD Prefix and LegB CLD Prefix of the Callback calling IVR applications and then perform further tariff and product configurations. To do this, follow the instructions described in the …Configure Separate Charge for Incoming Leg chapter in the handbook of the Prepaid Services section.
You may want to greet your end users or guide them through the IVR application once they have dialed the access number. Brand prompts is the audio tool that helps you reach this goal. You may use the default brand prompts or create and configure customized ones.
In order to play the default brand prompts, enable the Play welcome message check box on the IVR Applications page (see step 7 of this section).
To configure custom brand prompts, perform all of the following steps:
1. Record the greeting / guiding prompt in the *.wav format.
2. Log in to a processing node via SSH.
3. Convert the recorded file into the *.au and *.g729 formats using the PortaOne® converter – prompt_converter.pl:
–timeout 15 –config <path_to_config_file> –debug <file_nameN>
4. The brand prompts must have these names – welcome.au and welcome.g729. If the converted file names differ, rename them:
mv <orig_name>.g729 welcome.g729
two new folders to place the brand prompts there later:
NOTE: You may use any custom name instead of my_company for the first folder. For the second folder use the value specified in the Preferred IVR Language field in the account settings. In our example we assume that the preferred IVR language is English.
6. Place the brand prompts in the newly created en folder by using the following commands:
mv welcome.au /porta_var/psmsc/custom-files/prompts/brands/my_company/en
mv welcome.g729 /porta_var/psmsc/custom-files/prompts/brands/my_company/en
7. Repeat for each processing node of the installation.
8. Configure the brand prompts on the Voice applications page of the web interface:
· Brand prompts – Specify the folder with the custom name.
· Play welcome message – Enable this option to play the greeting / guiding message.