Technical Support Engineer wanted!
PortaOne's Technical Support Team is dedicated to providing world-class technical assistance to our customers, working with them as partners to ensure that software solutions are deployed, maintained and upgraded in an efficient manner.
Position:The Technical Support Engineer position contributes to the company’s Customers success by:
- Helping customers get the maximum benefit from our software products by assisting them in applying the fundamentals and features to their projects as well as issues troubleshooting. In doing so, you will gain an accelerated and broad knowledge of principles and nuances of a wide variety of software components across many companies in telecommunication industry.
- Communicating with customers in a professional manner through ticketing system and occasionally via chat or phone. Ensure timely resolution of all production issues meeting or exceeding SLA's.
- Occasionally assisting customers onsite (our customers' offices are located on all populated continents).
- Don’t know how to deal with some issue? Don’t worry, we have solutions for most problems well documented and a great team to help you rapidly build your basic knowledge.
- We will teach you to manage customer expectations and escalations and de-escalate the situation.
- Customer oriented approach
- Upper intermediate English (B2)
- Spanish work permission
- Fluent Spanish, Portuguese is a benefit
- Familiarity with Linux/UNIX command line tools/environment
- Intermediate knowledge of TCP/IP networking, network protocol and packet analysis
- Experience with MySQL or other SQL database
- Previous experience in support function will be highly appreciated
- Technical background and IT education is a huge plus
- Scripting skills (bash, perl or python) is a plus
- Competitive salary
- 30 calendar days of paid vacations and paid sick days
- Great working conditions and comfortable working space
- Professional trainings
- Corporate events, a great team and friendly atmosphere
PortaOne is a leading global software developer for modern telecoms. The company's billing (B/OSS & OCS) and switching (SBC & Class 4/5) products enable telecommunication service providers and carriers to run a broad line of retail, enterprise, SME, and wholesale services on a single integrated software platform.
Over two-thirds of 300 PortaOne staff are support engineers providing the best-in-industry 24/7 technical support services for clients involved in hosted IP PBX and SIP trunking services, calling cards and wholesale VoIP, IPTV and residential triple-play, MVNO and MVNE, SMS, data and voice over LTE, and more.PortaOne's flagship platform, PortaSwitch is a fundamental part of the business infrastructure for well over 400 service providers and telcos in ~90 countries worldwide. It consists of 2 components:
- PortaBilling, a business and operation support system (B/OSS) designed for telecommunication service providers to manage end-to-end telecom service networks. It is RADIUS/Diameter based and compatible with major SBC and media gateway vendors. PortaBilling can process real time prepaid and postpaid charges for voice and video calls, Internet connectivity, IPTV services, WiFi/WiMAX access, data and faxes, or one-time events such as SMS or a pay-per-view movie.
- PortaSIP is a clusterable and highly scalable SIP softswitch of class 4 and class 5 with media application that plays IVR (voice prompts). It offers a variety of both advanced class 5 features for hosted IPPBX services as well as the majority of functionality normally attributed to session border controllers (SBC).
Toll-free calls (phone & Skype)
+1 866 747 8647
Calls & faxes from abroad:
+1 604 628 2508
Suite 408, 2963 Glen Drive
Coquitlam, BC, V3B 2P7