You’ll be working with PortaBilling, a converged telecom billing platform that can be used as a single administration interface to manage and bill for multiple services, including those provided by third-party network elements. PortaBilling communicates with elements of a communication network, provides its nodes with authentication or authorization, and gathers data about services rendered to the customers. Based on this information, PortaBilling performs ratings for the services, creates transaction records, and modifies customer balances — all in real-time.
Perl 5.16 (native, Mouse, etc.), MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, Oracle, KairosDB, XML, REST, SOAP, PSGI, Template Toolkit, HAProxy, Gearmand, WebSocket, Docker, Apache.
You’ll join the team of Perl experts aiming to create the highest quality code. Our extensive code base and complex project architecture allow you to hone both programming skills and proficiency in integrating various services. We are proud to have a highly structured management system along with a friendly atmosphere, supporting each other with all the professional advice one might need.
Must-have skills and knowledge
- 2+ years experience with Perl programming;
- Experience working with Unix/Linux;
- Good coding techniques: reusability of code, code optimization, ability to work with legacy code, code refactoring;
- Extensive knowledge of OOP, OOD principles;
- Strong SQL skills;
- Good written English.
- Experience with GIT/Gerrit, Jenkins;
- Knowledge of JS, HTML/CSS;
- Experience with MySQL/Oracle/Cassandra;
- Experience solving non-standard issues;
- Knowledge of VoIP, Billing Systems, Online Payment Processors, RADIUS, Diameter, PBX.
- Coding new software components from start to finish with minimal guidance;
- Solving programming problems/answering questions;
- Participation in code reviews;
- Participation in low-level design reviews;
- Document low-level designs based on high-level specifications;
- Providing occasional technical support for the customers;
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of software development practices.
- Professional Development. At PortaOne you’ll be surrounded by experienced colleagues willing to share their knowledge.
- Stability. We’ve been providing telecommunication solutions for 15+ years to 470 clients in 90 countries. The demand for our product in the modern world is ever-increasing with time. This means that you’ll join a growing business with interesting challenges and a stable income.
- Plenty of options for professional development since every project is different. You’ll never get bored!
- The highest programming standards and continuous improvement of processes. And we always aim to avoid unnecessary bureaucracy!
- Flexible schedule and opportunity to work remotely.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Competitive salary.
- Team-building and corporate events.