Location: Kiev, Ukraine
PortaOne is looking for an Oracle professional to participate in a new exciting project of deploying high availability billing solution based on Oracle Real-Time Application Cluster.
You will have a chance to play a leading role in the application design, implementation and deployment. This position may require business travel to the company headquarters in Canada as well as international travel to perform on-site services for customers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5+ years Oracle experience required
- 2+ years of experience in Oracle DBA position required
- 2+ years of experience with Unix and Oracle deployment in Unix environment
- Strong SQL and PL/SQL skills
- Experience with performance tuning on all levels (server, database, individual SQL statements)
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and practices
- Excellent knowledge of the English language - verbal, written, technical
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to work well both independently and as part of a team
Desirable Skills and Abilities
- Experience with high availability database solutions and Oracle RAC
- Oracle on Linux experience, experience with disk arrays/NASes
- Database modeling
- Porting MySQL->Oracle
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Recommend schema, triggers and stored procedures for a performance intensive real-time billing application
- Build and test the Oracle RAC environment
- Create, maintain, and manage multiple databases to facilitate development, testing and production roll-out of the application
- Perform database troubleshooting and tuning
We offer exciting projects, work within professional IT team, comfortable working environment and competitive compensation based on professional skills and working experience. PortaOne office in Kiev will provide: lunch, English lessons, health insurance.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with subject: Oracle Architect.
Toll-free calls (phone & Skype)
+1 866 747 8647
Calls & faxes from abroad:
+1 604 628 2508
Suite 408, 2963 Glen Drive
Coquitlam, BC, V3B 2P7