This position is reporting to Director of Sales and Marketing and is cross-functional by nature, working with both Development, Support, and Sales to bring all pieces together in order to successfully sell the product to prospective customers.
The incumbent also provides 2-4 day training sessions to new and existing customers. Training includes presentations, interactive sessions, and demonstrations of software operations. This position involves extensive traveling to customer sites located in various parts of the world.
As such, the AE/Trainer's residential location is not important. The AE/Trainer, however, must be a US, Canada or EU citizen.
- Aid in the sales process by providing pre-sale technical support to prospective customers via e-mail, telephone, or in person, including conference calls.
- Interact with customers in pre-sales and post-sales demonstration and product evaluation.
- Provide feedback and continuously work towards improving support services to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Explain specific customer requirements to software development team and ensure that customized software meets specific customer needs.
- Train new customers on the features, operation and maintenance of PortaOne software.
- Know the software well enough to present its features to customers' engineers and answer complex technical questions.
- Continuously upgrade the knowledge of software to include newly developed features.
- Interact with customers in pre-sales and post-sales product evaluation, including on-line demonstrations.
- Provide in-house training to new trainers.
- Participate in developing training and teaching materials, including RoboDemo animations.
- Provide input into customized application software development.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, mathematics, or telecommunications.
- Understanding of software development processes.
- Software development skills and knowledge of the Perl programming language are desirable though not necessary.
- Experience with Cisco Gateways, VoIP and traditional telephony; Unix, SQL databases experience is an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to explain complex problems in a clear and intelligible manner.
- English language proficiency is a must, knowledge of foreign languages is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn quickly and work well in a team.
- Willingness to travel up to 80% of working time.
No prior experience in a similar position is required, however, experience with direct customer interaction is a plus.
Please send your resume to email@example.com indicating the position you are interested in. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.